Lolos and Lolas, can you go digital? Say Yes! With Globe’s #SeniorDigizen: Teach Me How To ‘Digi’ TikTok contest
Picture this: Your lola trying to figure out how to use a smartphone, or your lolo trying to book a checkup online. Now, Globe is giving you a chance to capture these golden moments and share them with the world through the “#SeniorDigizen: Teach Me How To ‘Digi’” TikTok contest!
In celebration of Grandparents Day and Elderly Week, this contest is about making technology fun even for senior citizens. It’s about strengthening family bonds while bringing seniors to the digital age with the help of their tech-savvy children and apos.
“We believe that technology should be accessible to everyone, whether you’re young or old. With this contest, we’re celebrating family, learning, and the joy of discovery as we push for digital inclusion. We’re here to prove that it’s never too late to go digital. We hope to transform our beloved senior citizens into senior digizens,” said Yoly Crisanto, Globe Group Chief Sustainability and Corporate Communications Officer.
It’s so easy to join? Here’s how:
Simply create a TikTok video where the younger generation between 15 and 50 years old teaches their senior parent or grandparent a tech trick or two. It could be anything from setting up a new app, using a mobile wallet, or even mastering the art of emojis. The key is to keep it creative, engaging, genuine, and heartwarming.
- Tag @globeofgood and use the official hashtag #SeniorDigizen. Multiple entries are allowed, but remember, you can only win once.
- Video should be original, fun, and creative while following the trendy TikTok videos where situations unfold in real time from the viewer’s point of view. Both the senior citizen and the younger participant must be present in the frame.
- Use only commercial sounds available.
- Spoken parts must use clean language (no profanity please) and avoid mention of other brand names under patent.
- Video should not show harmful actions or violence.
- It would be great if the video shows Globe’s signature color blue and steer clear of other colors not associated with the brand.
- Video must also adhere to TikTok’s community guidelines and should promote positivity and respect.
- Best to capture video in high-resolution. Videos that are low resolution, pixelated, or shaky won’t be considered.
“Through this initiative, we hope to send a message to our senior citizens: Madali ang digital. Kayang-kaya niyo ito. At nandito kami, kasama ang inyong mga anak at apo, para gabayan kayo. We call on our Lolos and Lolas, their children and apos to take part in this exciting contest that bridges not just age gaps, but most especially, the digital gap,” said Liza Reyes, Public Relations and Communications Strategy Head at Globe Group Corporate Communications.
Entries will be judged based on creativity, engagement, and overall content. The Top 25 will receive PHP25,000 worth of Globe products and other exciting prizes. Those who complete the #SeniorDigizen Ambassador program can receive up to PHP75,000 worth of Globe products.
Winning seniors must also be physically able to join an exclusive learning session to be hosted by Globe and complete the two-month #SeniorDigizen Ambassador program, which will be announced at a later date.
Submission of entries will open on September 10, 2023, 12. a.m., and will be accepted until 11:59 PM on September 30, 2023. Come October 2023, stay tuned to Globe’s Globe Of Good TikTok and Globe of Good Facebook page for the exciting announcement of winners.
So, what are you waiting for? Get lolo and lola to “digi” on TikTok and prove that age is just a number for the #SeniorDigizen.