Shopee Announces ₱200 million Seller Support Package, aims to help up to 80,000 Filipino SMEs
Shopee, the leading e-commerce platform of Southeast Asia and Taiwan, launches the ₱200 million Seller Support Package to support up to 80,000 Filipino Small and Micro Enterprises (SMEs), whose businesses have been adversely affected by the Covid-19 outbreak. The ₱200 million Seller Support Package aims to help Filipino SMEs and sellers navigate the current economic climate, during the time of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) and beyond.
The Shopee Seller Support Package aims to support both local SMEs and sellers with an existing online presence as well as those looking to expand their businesses online, through the provision of education, funding, and subsidies. It serves to soften the economic decline faced by Filipino SMEs and sellers during the Enhanced Community Quarantine period, by empowering them with more sales and growth opportunities, reducing their operational costs and facilitating their long-term business sustainability.
The Shopee Seller Support Package aims to benefit sellers with the following initiatives:
1) Lowered Commission and Operational Costs:
○ Sellers who register for the package will receive reduced commission and transaction fees.
○ Sellers who sign up for the package can enjoy the Coin Cashback and Free Shipping programs free of charge for 1 month. In addition, sellers who are currently part of these programs will also enjoy reduced fees.
○ To ease SMEs and sellers’ operational costs, Shopee will also provide subsidies up to ₱15,000 per seller.
2) Increased Sales and Marketing Support:
○ SMEs and sellers who register for the package can receive sales and marketing support in the form of 20% off shop vouchers to boost their online visibility and sales.
3) Helping new sellers succeed online: Shopee will continue to offer training and support to help sellers start, succeed, and grow on Shopee. New SMEs and sellers looking to start their online businesses on Shopee can continue to enjoy all existing benefits, including zero registration fees and 0% commission fee for marketplace sellers; as well as educational support via Shopee University online courses.
In addition, Shopee will continue to monitor the situation closely and to adjust its seller policies where required, in order to help SMEs and sellers better adapt to the evolving situation.
Martin Yu, Associate Director of Shopee Philippines, said: “During these challenging times, it is important for us to find ways to help our sellers and SMEs maintain long-term business sustainability. The launch of the Shopee Seller Support Package is part of our larger commitment to support our local communities through this Covid-19 period. We will continue to work closely with our extended network of partners, sellers, and shoppers to adapt our business and initiatives where required, as we remain united in getting through this together as one big community.”